FHA/HUD Healthcare Loan Programs
M&T Realty Capital Corporation® is one of the nation’s leading firms providing FHA-insured mortgages. As an approved LEAN lender, we obtain mortgage insurance through a variety of programs administered by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) under the supervision of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The use of HUD’s LEAN program allows for faster and more consistent processing times and results.
Under FHA/HUD 232 healthcare programs, M&T Realty Capital Corporation can provide funds for the acquisition, refinance, new construction, or substantial rehabilitation of healthcare facilities, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and hospitals. These programs have many advantages for the borrower:
- Non-recourse. Mortgagor assumes no personal liability.
- Long loan terms. Up to 40 years (plus the construction period) for loans insured under the 232 program, and up to 35 years for existing properties insured under the 223(f) program.
- Highly leveraged. LTVs of 80%; 85% for non-profit mortgagors.
- Loan sizing. 1.45x Debt Service Coverage.
- Market-driven. No income tenancy requirements.
- Fixed rates. Interest rates are fixed for the entire loan term at the initial closing.
- Fully assumable.
- Securitization. Most loans are securitized as Ginnie Mae MBS, which provides for a “AAA” rating.
- Fewer operating covenants. Most operating and performance covenants typically found in conventional loan agreements are eliminated (i.e., no lease-up requirements, annual debt service coverage ratios, net worth benchmarks).
- Investment benefits. FHA can be used as a credit enhancement to taxable or tax-exempt fixed rate bonds.
In addition to loans processed under LEAN, M&T Realty Capital Corporation can provide financing under HUD’s other programs as well. These programs provide financing for multifamily properties (MAP) and secondary debt (pursuant to Section 241).
For specific loan information on this program, please contact Paula Quigley, program manager, at (410) 545-2494, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All loans and all terms referenced herein are subject to receipt of a completed application, credit approval and other conditions.
Return to the loan program overview page.