FHA/HUD Multifamily Loan Programs
M&T Realty Capital Corporation is one of the nation’s leading firms providing FHA-insured mortgages. As an approved MAP lender, we obtain mortgage insurance through a variety of programs administered by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) under the supervision of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The use of HUD’s Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) guidelines allows for faster and more consistent processing times and results.
Under the FHA multifamily programs, M&T Realty Capital Corporation provides funds for the acquisition, refinance, new construction, or substantial rehabilitation of multifamily properties. FHA programs have many advantages for the borrower:
- Non-recourse. Mortgagor assumes no personal liability.
- Long loan terms. Up to 40 years (plus the construction period) for loans insured under the 221(d) programs, and up to 35 years for existing properties insured under the 223(f) programs.
- Highly leveraged. No loan-to-value criteria for certain programs, and LTVs of 80% to 90% for other programs.
- Loan sizing. Profit-motivated sponsors may use up to 83.3% of net operating income (NOI) to size a loan, and non-profit sponsors may use up to 90% of NOI. This results in debt service coverage ratios (DSCR) as low as 1.11x to 1.20x.
- Market-driven. No income tenancy requirements.
- Fixed rates. Interest rates are fixed for the entire loan term at the initial closing.
- Fully assumable.
- Securitization. Most loans are securitized as Ginnie Mae MBS, which provides for a “AAA” rating.
- Fewer operating covenants. Most operating and performance covenants typically found in conventional loan agreements are eliminated (i.e., no lease-up requirements, annual debt service coverage ratios, net worth benchmarks).
- Investment benefits. FHA can be used as a credit enhancement to taxable or tax-exempt fixed rate bonds.
In addition to loans processed under MAP guidelines, M&T Realty Capital Corporation can provide financing under HUD’s other programs as well. These programs provide financing for long-term care facilities (skilled nursing and assisted living) and hospitals (pursuant to Section 242) and secondary debt (pursuant to Section 241).
For specific loan information on this program, please contact Paula Quigley, program manager, at 410-545-2494, or via email at email@example.com.
All loans and all terms referenced herein are subject to receipt of a completed application, credit approval and other conditions.
Return to the loan program overview page.