Life Insurance Company Loans
M&T Realty Capital Corporation® and CKPP work with a broad network of institutional and life insurance company investors to provide mortgage financing for commercial income property types (office, industrial, retail; and hotel on an exception basis), as well as for multifamily properties. Life insurance company investors are typically portfolio lenders, retaining and servicing the loans post-closing, which provides for more borrower flexibility during the term of the loan.
Life company loans typically include the following features:
- Up to 70% LTV on most property types (higher LTVs on an exception basis)
- Minimum Debt Service Coverage (DSCR) of 1.20x-1.40x (based on property type and market)
- Typically 10-year fixed-rate loan terms (5-, 7- and 15-year term balloon loans and 20- to 30-year self-amortizing structures are also available)
- Typically 25- to 30-year amortization schedules (interest-only options may be available on an exception basis)
- Single-purpose entity borrowers
- Non-recourse provisions
- Early rate locks on most deals, typically 60-90 days. Longer term rate locks may also be available, typically up to 9-12 months.
For specific loan information on this program, please call us at 1-800-737-2344.
All loans and all terms referenced herein are subject to receipt of a completed application, credit approval and other conditions.
Return to the loan program overview page.