Continues to expand; Created one-stop-shop financing solution for affordable housing
Baltimore, M.D., Feb. 16, 2021
– Coming off a very strong year of loan production, M&T Realty Capital Corporation® (MTRCC) finished 2020 with its largest ever loan servicing portfolio, totaling $22.67 billion. A significant driver of this success was a record-setting loan closing pace for Freddie Mac, HUD multifamily, and affordable housing finance.
While Covid had an obvious impact on financing of office, retail, hospitality, and center city multifamily real estate, MTRCC was able to further build its loan programs through a continued focus on quickly evolving customer needs and providing ample liquidity during a time a historically low interest rates.
“The MTRCC team immerses ourselves into the financing needs of our clients,” said Michael D. Berman, MTRCC president and CEO. “Our progress in 2020 is the result of our innovation during challenging times, our cross-organizational collaboration with our parent company, M&T Bank, and our sustained investments in the vital affordable housing sector.”
Other highlights of the year include:
- MTRCC significantly grew its affordable housing team, opening new origination offices in Chicago, IL and Plano, TX, and hiring three director-level roles.
- Received the coveted Freddie Mac Optigo® TAH License and renewed its focus on Fannie Mae MAH products.
- Built new synergies between MTRCC’s affordable housing team and M&T Bank’s construction, bridge, and LIHTC offerings.
- Ranked a top 10 HUD lender.
- Nationally recognized for outstanding financial thought leadership content by the Gramercy Institute.
“Our customers will continue to benefit as we further grow our financing options and strengthen synchronization between all parts of the bank,” said Jeff Rodman, MTRCC director of the affordable housing platform. “Our full-service approach reflects our mission to assist underserved people and regions, mirroring M&T Bank’s community-first model.”
To learn more about M&T Realty Capital, please visit www.mtrcc.com
About M&T Realty Capital Corporation
M&T Realty Capital Corporation® (www.mtrcc.com
) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of M&T Bank Corporation—one of the 20 largest US-headquartered commercial bank holding companies and has one of the top ten largest commercial real estate loan portfolios in the nation, per American Banker. As a full-service mortgage banking company, we specialize in providing competitive financing nationwide for commercial real estate. We are a fully accredited Fannie Mae DUS® lender, a Freddie Mac Optigo® lender, an approved FHA/HUD MAP and LEAN lender, and also offer life insurance company and CMBS financing through correspondent relationships. In addition to the below M&T Bank offices, MTRCC is also closely aligned with M&T commercial banking offices in Florida, Oregon, and Washington.
About M&T Bank Corporation
M&T Bank Corporation is a financial holding company headquartered in Buffalo, New York. M&T’s principal banking subsidiary, M&T Bank, operates banking offices in New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. Trust-related services are provided by M&T’s Wilmington Trust-affiliated companies and by M&T Bank.
Equal Housing Lender.
All loans, lines of credit, and all terms referenced herein are subject to receipt of a complete application, credit approval, and other conditions.
Top 10 HUD lender status according to a HUD report dated September 30, 2020.
“DUS®” is a registered trademark of Fannie Mae. “Optigo®” is a registered trademarks of Freddie Mac.
©2021 M&T Realty Capital Corporation. NMLS #1024366. M&T Realty Capital Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of M&T Bank, Member FDIC. All rights reserved.
TJ Givens Imani Green
M&T Commercial Bank M&T Realty Capital Corp.